Attachment Theory in Clinical Practice
- 2 hrs
- 2 Lesson(s)
- Learning Objectives
- CE Credit
Attachment theory tells us that the early interactions between an infant and caregiver establish an internal model that affects the child’s relationships throughout the course of his or her life. In this science-based discussion, Dr. Siegel expounds upon the clinical implications of the field of attachment research, including:
- The neural correlates of attachment and essential functions of the brain,
- The different attachment patterns and how they show up later in life,
- A key assessment instrument that can inform treatment, and
- The primary role of integrative communication in promoting regulation.
By increasing our awareness of how experiences shape the structure of the brain, we can better understand not only why people behave in the ways they do, but also how to create healing, more positive relationships, and overall enhanced well-being.
By the end of this course you will be able to
1. Evaluate the origins of attachment theory and the supporting research
2. Describe the neural correlates of attachment
3. Outline four ways in which experience shapes the structure of the brain
4. Define parental presence and identify the four qualities of presence
5. Implement findings from the Adult Attachment Interview for self-understanding and clinical assessment
6. Assess the role of therapy in helping people make sense of their life experiences
7. Identify the nine functions of secure attachment and mindful awareness
8. Demonstrate integrative communication in personal and professional relationships
"The Lifespan Learning Institute and the Mindsight Institute are cosponsors of the Continuing Education programs offered."
Upon completion of course, please mark your status as “complete” and you will obtain immediate access to your exam in your course area. Once you complete and submit your exam, our team will process same. Upon passing the exam with an 80% or better, a digital CE Credit Certificate will be emailed to you once it is available. Please note that this process could take up to 2 weeks. If you have any special circumstances, please reach out to the Mindsight Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate.
Further, if you simply require a Certificate of Completion, or if you have any questions regarding this process, please email the Mindsight Team at email@example.com.
Disclosure: The speakers, and planning committee members listed below have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interestsDaniel Siegel, MD & Marion Solomon, PhD
How long will I have access to the video lectures?
You may watch the lectures as many times as you’d like and they will remain in your library forever.
What is the best way to view the video?
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
How do I earn a Certificate of Completion?
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a test.