Developing a Resilient Mind
Whether as an educator, parent, or mental health professional, one of the most fundamental and impactful questions we can ask is how can we help to cultivate healthy minds? Dr. Siegel begins to answer this question by first defining the mind as both embodied and relational, through the lens of Interpersonal Neurobiology. By looking at the science, we can discover the ways in which experience and relationships shape the structure and function of our brains, as well as the integral elements for development and healing.
In this experiential lecture, you will delve into this cutting-edge brain science, explore the proven outcomes of reflective practices, and engage in the Wheel of Awareness exercise for integrating consciousness. By understanding the essential components of mindsight – the ability to see the mind of self and others – you will learn and be able to teach the skills necessary to rewire the brain towards greater resilience at any age.
By the end of this course you will be able to
1. Describe the embodied and relational dimensions of the mind
2. Define integration and how it relates to the brain and health
3. Outline the implications of the 3 R’s – reflection, relationships, and resilience – on development and education
4. Explain the ways in which experience shapes the brain
5. Identify the three fundamental elements of mindsight
6. Demonstrate and utilize the Wheel of Awareness practice for integrating consciousness
7. Assess how attention relates to the flow of energy and information
8. Distinguish key brain regions and their functions
9. Highlight the neural correlates of mindfulness practices
10. Describe how integrative communication leads to resilience
Upon completion of course, please mark your status as “complete” and you will obtain immediate access to your exam in your course area. Once you complete and submit your exam, our team will process same. Upon passing the exam with an 80% or better, a digital CE Credit Certificate will be emailed to you once it is available. Please note that this process could take up to 2 weeks. If you have any special circumstances, please reach out to the Mindsight Team at email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate.
Further, if you simply require a Certificate of Completion, or if you have any questions regarding this process, please email the Mindsight Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will I have access to the video lectures?
You may watch the lectures as many times as you’d like and they will remain in your library forever.
What is the best way to view the video?
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
How do I earn a Certificate of Completion?
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at email@example.com to request a test.