Power of Showing Up
What is your most powerful item in your parenting toolbox? Research in the field of attachment reveals that the single most essential tool to helping children thrive is: showing up. Seemingly straightforward … yet it can be so complex.
Dan Siegel, MD, and Tina Payne Bryson, PhD, LCSW, clinician-educators and best-selling authors of multiple parenting books, present an immersive weekend workshop based on their latest book, The Power of Showing Up. Join these two renowned experts to gain the knowledge and skills you need to fully show up as a parent.
Through hands-on exercises and engaging discussions, you are invited to:
- Explore what it means to truly “show up” in parenting and in life
- Make sense of your own parenting history
- Learn about attachment patterns
- Enhance your relationships with your child, your partner, and even with yourself.
Showing up fully for your kids is what matters most in their development toward adulthood. It’s not what happened to us as children that shapes us, but rather how we’ve come to make sense of those experiences that is most influential. Come examine the science and practice of being present, a proven way to effectively help your child grow toward resilience and well-being.
By the end of this course you will be able to
1. Explain how making sense of one’s life experiences relates to parenting, development, and presence
2. Identify and implement the 4 S’s of secure attachment
3. Outline the roles of reflection, relationships, and resilience in parenting and in life
4. Describe how integration and interconnection promote health and well-being
How long will I have access to the video lectures?
You may watch the lectures as many times as you’d like and they will remain in your library forever.
What is the best way to view the video?
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
How do I earn a Certificate of Completion?
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a test.